Pages

Simple Family Dinner Blog Hop: Mini Meat Loaf Dinner



I am so excited to be participating in the Simple Family Dinner Blog Hop! I've found myself quite often at a loss for simple dinner ideas for my family, and during this blog hop that will go on until March 16th you will find tons of ideas for simple family dinner.  Today I will be sharing a family favorite that my little chef has helped me conjure up:


Mini Meatloaf Dinner with Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans

Ingredients for Mini Meatloaf:

1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1 egg
1 small onion chopped
1 cup fat free milk
1 cup of whole wheat bread cut up in pieces
salt and pepper to taste

For the topping:
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
1/3 cup ketchup

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread. Season with salt and pepper to taste and place in a lightly greased muffin pan. (I used 2 muffin pans makes 12 mini meat loaves).
3. In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix well and pour over the meatloaf.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.

Recipe was adapted to a healthier version using fat free milk, whole wheat bread, and lean ground beef. Original can be found here.

Of course, little man was hands-on making the meat loaf!

After he was done with his task, I took over the kitchen to make the mashed potatoes, and green beans. I boiled potatoes and mashed them with my rice masher. Then I cooked some green beans, and made some gravy. I'm telling you my family has enjoyed eating this simple family dinner. Hope you will too! 

Check out the rest of wonderful mom bloggers joining the Simple Family Dinner Blog Hop. You won't have to worry about wondering what to cook for dinner tonight! :) 

 photo SimpleFamilyDinnerBlogHop_zps61b8cafe.jpg